The truth according to Jim

This Blog is a complete waste of time, providing useless information and rambling, disjointed opinions for people with nothing better to do than to read it. Most information has not been verified and may be completely bogus. Still, it is interesting to me or I wouldn’t have bothered creating it. Check out the web links on the right side of the page. This is a work in progress; check it often for new postings. Expect daily updates! Hit your “refresh” button to see the latest.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Viennese Waltz

I've been working on the Viennese Waltz recently. By far the hardest dance that I have tried to master. It is taking a lot of work; ballet exercises to develop core strength, posture, and timing. Just a lot of repetition on the basic movements, and turns to develop timing and muscle memory. It is coming along slowly, but surely. It really feels nice to be able to turn and whirl around the entire dance floor like this. My Viennese Waltz routine is not yet ready for prime time, but I'll include a clip to show you how others do it. Watch for me to perform a Viennese Waltz soon, and to compete in it at Ballroom Blitz in November in Orlando.



3 Comments:

At 29/9/06 4:41 AM, Blogger Mr. Snoid said...

waltzing matilda, now that's a dancers dancer. I do admire people who can dance, I mean, I could dance once upon a time, but since I'm now unable to do the splits or bite into a table to carry it in my teeth, I no longer care to do it. I do have a CD somewhere of waltz music, used to be one of my favorites.

 
At 30/9/06 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HELLO JIMMY, my tango buddy!! Hope all is well! I missed you, so the best way to get a lil' jim is to visit your ever so diverse blog!! You haven't changed, good to know...and now you're learning viennese waltz! terrific. Sarasota is great and I am really enjoying it here, though I miss everyone at A.M.'s. Good luck at your nov. comp! take care:)

 
At 30/9/06 5:12 PM, Blogger BallroomBlitz said...

Allison, great to hear from you!

I checked out of Bronze III Hustle last night. Got that synchopated thang goin down.

Glad to hear that all is well with you. Take plenty of sun screen to the beach. All is well at A.M. just the usual turnover of people.

Take care and keep in touch.

Jim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home