The truth according to Jim

This Blog is a complete waste of time, providing useless information and rambling, disjointed opinions for people with nothing better to do than to read it. Most information has not been verified and may be completely bogus. Still, it is interesting to me or I wouldn’t have bothered creating it. Check out the web links on the right side of the page. This is a work in progress; check it often for new postings. Expect daily updates! Hit your “refresh” button to see the latest.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Sweet, innocent youth

I missed out on Woodstock. I was already in the U.S. Army at Fort Knox, KY getting ready to go to Viet Nam. While I am proud of my military service, and convinced that we were right to try to help the South Vietnamese people, I do wish that I had been able to attend the historic concert at Woodstock. One of the defining moments of my generation. I don't agree with Country Joe McDonald's Politics, but I really enjoy his song.

By the way, if you are too young to remember this classic, make sure you cover the kiddie's ears before you hit the play button.

Country Joe McDonald; I Feel Like I'm Fixin' to Die Rag

1 Comments:

At 25/7/06 12:15 AM, Blogger Mr. Snoid said...

I taught my kids this song, (the F.I.S.H. version) because I liked hearing it. They liked spelling out FISH and shouting FISH.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home